bookphilia

The Maze Runner
James Dashner
Prodigy
Marie Lu
Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1) (Wool, #1-5)
Hugh Howey
More Than This
Patrick Ness
Night Film - Marisha Pessl I thought I'd be disappointed by this, because it began to end pathetically. It was beginning to lose its magical hold on me, but then Marisha did something so wonderful and "sovereign, deadly, perfect" to counter a frail decline.

I really do not want to give any tidbits of this book away. It's long and half the journey sometimes seemed pointless, but when you see what you thought you came for, you might have a little freak out. Or maybe you'll sigh contentedly like I did, contrary to my normal reaction to unanswered questions.

And would it have been worth it, after all,
Would it have been worth while,
After the sunsets and the dooryards and the sprinkled streets,
After the novels, after the teacups, after the skirts that trail along the floor—
And this, and so much more?—
It is impossible to say just what I mean!
But as if a magic lantern threw the nerves in patterns on a screen:
Would it have been worth while
If one, settling a pillow or throwing off a shawl,
And turning toward the window, should say:
“That is not it at all,
That is not what I meant, at all.”

The problem is that this isn't your normal story, and I'm sure you're rolling your eyes and snorting "I've heard that before," but there really is no other way to describe it. This book deserves the ending it was graciously given. The most revealing thing I will really say is that if Cordova wrote a book, this is probably how it would end. Maybe more eerie, though it is already a little disconcerting.

This is a beautiful book and I'd cry if I hadn't already decided to move on, much like Cordova's actors.