bookphilia

The Maze Runner
James Dashner
Prodigy
Marie Lu
Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1) (Wool, #1-5)
Hugh Howey
More Than This
Patrick Ness
Origin - Jessica Khoury A girl trapped in a large, rich people "cage" with a pet wild cat (jaguar); who isn't reminded of Aladdin? So apparently Princess Jasmine Pia here is the perfect human. And she falls in love with Mowgli Eio.

This is well thought out, worded and written, but goddamn is it fucking boring for the first half of the story.

It was also strange how it transformed from genetics and cloning into a native folk-tale inspired story as well. I liked it, but it was not as fleshed out as it could have been. I'm glad it is only the one book, but also kind of wish it had been longer (and more to the point).

There was much lounging around Little Cam and too much of Pia's denial; not enough Ai'oan back story and definitely next to nil about the outside world. Even though Pia was curious about the wider world, and also a little frightened of it, there is no indication of what the world is like at this time period, beyond the Amazon.

The whole Elysia thing was a bit too straightforward too. There was nothing unexpected or any thrills to keep me at the edge of my seat.

All I can say is that it was decent and some people will love it; others will just be meh about it. I don't really see what anyone could hate about this book. But then, maybe I need someone to see the other side of the circular/line leaf.